Cheryl L. Barrett is a Partner at FERRUZZO. She is an Orange County native. Following law school, Cheryl practiced Family Law but after ten years she decided to focus her practice on an area of law that allows her, along with her clients, to build, instead of take things apart. She established Barrett Law Offices where she was gratified that her estate planning law practice allowed her to work with people and families who love and care for each other. She has a niche in Special Needs Trusts. Additionally, her trust administration and probate practice have enabled her to assist people at a time in their lives when empathetic guidance and professional expertise are crucial. Outgrowing her solo practice, Ms. Barrett joined FERRUZZO in 2003.
Ms. Barrett has often been quoted by financial editors of the Orange County Register, the Los Angeles Times, Forbes, The Huffington Post, and the Business Insider. She has been a guest on KABC and KCAA radio talk shows. She has been designated as a Five Star Estate Planning Attorney in Orange Coast Magazine and she is active in social media: Twitter: @Cheryl_Ferruzzo; and Linked In.
Highly visible in the charitable community, Ms. Barrett has served for 17 years on the Board of Directors for the County’s largest charity, Goodwill Industries of Orange County, acting as Board Chair in 2011 and 2012. Additionally she has served as Board Chair of the Estate Planning Council of South Orange County, The Orange County Roundtable, and has served on the Boards of several Orange County churches.
Classes / Seminars Taught
- Speaker, Digital Estate Planning, First American Trust, FSB
- Speaker, Basic Estate Planning , Paul Merage School of Business, UCI
- Speaker, Estate Planning, Professional Fiduciary Services, Newport Beach
- Speaker, Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts, Wells Fargo Private Bank
- Speaker, Estate Planning, Metropolitan Water District of California
- Speaker, Estate Planning, University of California, Irvine Extension
- Speaker, Estate Planning, Parents Without Partners, Irvine
- Speaker, Estate Planning, Lawyers Roundtable of Orange County
- Speaker, Special Needs Trusts, Goodwill Industries Orange County
- Speaker, Estate Planning, Arthritis Foundation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar Association: Trusts & Estates and Elder Law Sections, Member
- Orange County Bar Association: Estate Planning & Probate and Elder Law Sections, Member
- South Orange County Estate Planning Council, Member