VASKO R. MITZEV is a Partner with FERRUZZO. He immigrated to Los Angeles in 1979 from Bulgaria, two years after his parents escaped the Communist regime. He received his Bachelor Degree in Political Science from the University of Chicago; his Juris Doctorate from Ohio State and is admitted to all California Courts, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Vasko is a Partner with the Firm’s Litigation Practice Group and focuses on complex commercial litigation and trial work. His trial foundation was built on defending catastrophic personal injury and product liability claims through lengthy jury trials, involving novel medical and scientific issues of proof and liability. He represents business owners and entities in all aspects of their affairs: business interest separation, PARTNERSHIP and fiduciary disputes, IP and trade secret thefts, real estate OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT and harassment and discrimination claims. He has successfully tried complex intellectual property and commercial lease disputes, offshore international supply agreement cases, real estate easements and partitions, and has defended claims against employers BASED ON DISCRIMINATION AND WAGE/HOUR VIOLATIONS. HE regularly defends civil and administrative claims against employers including automotive dealerships, organic food producers and suppliers, real estate and escrow clients.
His representative clients include business and real estate owners, investors, auto dealers, escrow and real estate companies, trucking companies and product manufacturers.
VASKO ALSO SERVES AS GENERAL COUNSEL TO THE ESCROW INSTITUTE OF CALIFORNIA, A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION MADE UP OF 250+ INDEPENDENT ESCROW COMPANIES IN CALIFORNIA. IN THAT ROLE, HE CONSULTS WITH THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND ADVISES ON THE LEGAL AND PRACTICAL DEVELOPMENTS IN ESCROW BUSINESS.
As a member of the Escrow Institute of California as well as the National Association of Dealer Counsel and Peter M. Elliott, Inn of Court, Vasko is a regular, featured speaker. He also serves as Superior Court Judge Pro Temp.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation & Appeals
- Business & Commercial Law (Including IP/Trade Secret Disputes)
- Real Estate Disputes & Litigation over Leaseholds, Easements &
- Employment Law
- Administrative Hearings and Appeals
- California State Bar, 2001
- District of Columbia, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2001
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals- 9th Circuit, 2006
- United States Supreme Court, 2010
University of Chicago
B.A., Chicago, IL, 1993
Ohio State University College of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association
- Peter M. Elliott Inns of Court
- Orange County Auto Dealers Association
- National Automobile Dealer Counsel
- San Clemente City Leadership
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Imperial County Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers
Vasko routinely serves as a Temporary Superior Court Judge in San Diego County (Small Claims and Probate).