Timothy J McElfish is a partner with Ferruzzo. He was born in Anchorage, Alaska, and received his Bachelor’s degree from University of California, San Diego in 1999. Next, he received his Juris Doctor degree from Pepperdine University, School of Law in 2003. In 2004, he received an LL.M. in Taxation degree from University of San Diego, School of Law.
After obtaining his Juris Doctorate degree, and while obtaining his LL.M. in Taxation, Mr. McElfish served as a court-appointed trustee for over a three-year period. During his appointment, he traveled the west coast managing and negotiating the sale of commercial assets that included hotels, restaurants, and retail properties. In addition, he managed multi-jurisdictional probate preceding, which included defending the trust estate through litigation. At the conclusion of his appointment, he returned full-time to California, and obtained his California license to practice law.
Mr. McElfish Chair’s the Firm’s Probate, Trust and Probate Litigation Practice Group. Additionally, his practice includes the preparation of Trusts and Wills, Estate and Gift Tax Planning, and administration of Trusts. He is experienced in Probate and Trust contests, fiduciary misconduct, removal, and surcharge actions. Mr. McElfish’s practice also includes Taxation, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Real Estate, and Business Succession Planning.
Estate Planning & Taxation, (Contributor), Kendal-Hunt, 2012
Classes / Seminars Taught
- Adjunct Law Professor, Federal Income Taxation, University of La Verne, College of Law 2012 - Present
- Speaker, Qualified Domestic Trust Planning, Wells Fargo Bank
- Speaker, Fiduciary Duties owed to Contingent Beneficiaries, Wells Fargo Private Bank
- Speaker, Estate Planning – New Laws and Applicable Exemption Amount, Morgan Stanley
- Speaker, New California Laws on Estate Planning, UBS
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association: Taxation, Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Sections, Member
- California Bar Association: Trust & Estate, Real Property, and Taxation Law Sections, Member
- Orange County Bar Association: Trust & Estate, and Tax Law Sections, Member
- Orange County Estate Planning Council, Member