Timothy J McElfish is the Managing Partner and Chair’s the Firm’s Corporate and Real Estate Practice Group. He was born in Anchorage, Alaska, and received his Bachelor’s degree from University of California, San Diego in 1999. Next, he received his Juris Doctor degree from Pepperdine University, School of Law in 2003. In 2004, he received an LL.M. in Taxation degree from University of San Diego, School of Law.
Mr. McElfish has a broad and diverse business background that he brings to any transaction. After obtaining his Juris Doctor, and while obtaining his LL.M. in Taxation Mr. McElfish served as a court-appointed trustee. During his appointment, he traveled the west coast managing and negotiating the sale of commercial assets that included hotels, restaurants, and retail properties.
As the Department Chair, Mr. McElfish handles all aspects of merger and acquisition transactions, entity formation, and commercial finance. Additionally, his practice includes negotiating and managing joint ventures including real estate acquisition or disposition transactions. Also, he serves as outside counsel for a wide range of businesses that include entity structuring, transactional, and corporate governance matters. Mr. McElfish’s practice also includes business succession planning and advising clients on the tax implication of business and real estate transactions.
Estate Planning & Taxation, (Contributor), Kendal-Hunt, 2012
Classes / Seminars Taught
- Adjunct Law Professor, Federal Income Taxation, University of La Verne, College of Law 2012 - Present
- Speaker, Qualified Domestic Trust Planning, Wells Fargo Bank
- Speaker, Fiduciary Duties owed to Contingent Beneficiaries, Wells Fargo Private Bank
- Speaker, Estate Planning – New Laws and Applicable Exemption Amount, Morgan Stanley
- Speaker, New California Laws on Estate Planning, UBS
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association: Business Law, Real Property, and Taxation, Member
- California Bar Association: Business Law, Real Property, and Taxation Law Sections, Member
- Orange County Bar Association: Trust & Estate, and Tax Law Sections, Member
- Orange County Estate Planning Council, Member